Here identifies my Infection Prevention and Control practice guidelines:
Masks will continue to be worn for the duration of your massage therapy session, and at any time you aren’t on your mat during yoga classes.
The nature of in-person, hands-on Massage Therapy makes physical distancing impossible, so following these protocols will help keep you, and me healthy and happy.
Please note that even though the following policies and procedures are in place, there is no way to guarantee complete safety from viral transmission while receiving hands-on Massage Therapy.
Make sure to assess your personal benefits to vs risks of receiving treatment at this time.
Booking the Appointment/Prior to Arrival
- Patients are asked to complete the Covid-19 Assessment tool before attending a yoga class or massage therapy appointment.
- 24 hours prior to their booked appointment, patients will receive a Covid-19 screening survey through their email. They must complete and submit the survey to be able to attend their appointment.
- 24 hours prior to their booked appointment, patients will receive a survey asking about current concerns, outcomes from their last appointment, etc. This enables me to have the treatment planned and set up before the patient arrives for their appointment.
- I’ll use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool daily and commit to rescheduling all appointments should I screen positive.
- Patients must understand and be comfortable with the fact that, while I have taken all possible measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, the nature of the hands-on portion of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible during that time.
- The therapeutic benefit of massage therapy must be deemed to outweigh any potential consequence of treatment, including the possibility of viral transmission.
- If a patient is feeling unwell and must cancel their appointment, the cancellation fee will be waived, however, PLEASE provide as much notice as possible so your appointment time may be filled.
- If possible, the patient should arrive alone
- If you’d like to wait in your vehicle, please text me at 613-791-2982 to let me know you’ve arrived
- A level 3 surgical mask will be provided to all patients who don’t arrive with their own N95
Please note it is not possible to maintain physical distancing during the hands-on portion of your massage therapy session.
Upon arrival, please use the hand sanitizer provided
I will follow proper hand washing techniques (from fingers to upper arms) for at least 20 seconds, following the instructions on the posted sign, before and after every appointment and after disinfecting.
Personal Protective Equipment
At this time, I am still requiring face masks to be worn at all times during your massage session, and at any time you aren’t on your mat during yoga classes.